Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sorting through "new" floats...

I was unable to go beachcombing recently, so I had someone pick up a few glass fishing floats off the beaches of the Aleutians over the past few weeks. I just sorted through about 250 floats. It is, by far, one of my favorite things to do. It is like opening up gifts on Christmas morning. I look at each float individually & classify them into different categories. I started listing a few in my Etsy store.

Here is a photo of them before I cleaned them & another of them sitting in the tub of water I use to clean them. I will be listing more in my store within the next few days! I found some beauties! :)

6 comments:

  1. I just love them! The ones with netting are pretty rare, I assume.

    Maya @ Completely Coastal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maya...

    All of the floats begin with nets, but I'd say about 90% of what I've found have lost their nets. They are, for sure, more uncommon!

    I tend to prefer the floats without nets just because I like to be able to see the glass. However, they are all very cool & unique!! :)

    Kamichia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to visit your blog...I came from Completely Coastal! I love these floats and have a passion for everything from the sea! Great blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I didn't know how these glass floats were obtained. It is pretty cool! I'm completely loving your blog and everything glassie...floatie...and junkie :-)
    I also came from Completely coastal blog. Love you girlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments. I'm new to the blog world, but I am really enjoying it. I am going to keep adding new stuff on here as I can. I wish I could take you all on a beachcombing trip for floats!! It's SO exciting! Maybe one day I'll organize a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both ways - with the nets and without. It's hard to choose when you're buying them. They're all so gorgeous.

    I especially love how the sea etched the floats, and you can see where the nets where. Gorgeous.

    You've started my morning perfectly. I can almost feel the sea with me.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete